Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

2011-08-16

CEFX AC440CW #1021


This is a factory-painted Kato AC4400CW, City Financial Group (CEFX) #1021.  It is equipped with full lighting and DCC-sound.



I was contracted by a client to add prototypical details, such as a new horn (Miniatures by Eric) as well as replacing the long hood handrails with Smokey Valley brass stanchions and hand-formed wire railings. 
The brake chain rigging represents my first (successfull) attempt at using scale chain links.  DURING the installation... I wanted to throw in the towel and close my business, in shame.  AFTER installation, I'm very pleased that I perservered.

While this unit was already weathered, Nadeem wasn't satisfied, craving more grime.  I used chalks and diluted paints with an airbrush to achieve the "new-but-high-mileage" look.

1 comment: